Saturday, June 16, 2007

Eve of

After an injury here and a postponement or three there its 12 hrs to the moment. My bike has gear issues, which I attempted to fix at a shop today with only minimal effectiveness. I took it to another place where a mechanic gave me a free tuneup... 50 feet after leaving the shop my chain started skipping like mad and jumped off the cassette.


Friendliness doesn't equate to competence.I'll get it fixed at the end of tomorrow or Monday in Mission. G's tire valve also broke tonight, which will get replaced in the morning.


At least we're starting the trip off with no delusions of precision. The delayed start time even means there might be time for Goodbye Party part 3 tonight... see how that tequila feels when on the Trans-Canada Highway at 2pm tomorrow.

No comments: